Re: Hebrew and Latin fonts

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Hebrew and Latin fonts
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2022 06:40:47 -0800

On 2022-01-07 6:13 am, Hilber, Simon wrote:
in 2019 I produced a little booklet with Hebrew and German songs - in
version 2.18.2. The German text was rendered in a font with serifs, the
Hebrew text was in a font without serifs. Now (with a new pc and version 2.20) with the input, text in both languages is produced in a serif font. I would prefer the previous fonts. How is it possible to globally define the fonts for Latin and Hebrew fonts respectively? I know how to change it for
a particular text with \override - but I need a solution for the whole
document since it is a lot of text.

At some point, LilyPond changed the default fonts to the TeX Gyre family (Schola, Heros, and Cursor).

You just need to switch the global font back to whatever you liked before, for instance:

%%%%
\paper {
  #(define fonts
    (set-global-fonts