Re: point-and-click default

From: David Zelinsky
Subject: Re: point-and-click default
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 12:07:05 -0500

Tom Sgouros <tomfool@as220.org> writes:

> For those of us just catching up, can someone explain how to see the
> metadata? I guess this is more of a PDF question, but while I have some
> experts' attention...
>
> Thank you,
>
>  -Tom

I can only tell you about evince, the pdf reader I use.  But I expect it
should be the same in most pdf readers.

If you hover the mouse pointer over a notehead, it displays the URI that
will be looked up when you click there.  It will look like this:

  textedit:<PATH-TO-SOURCE-FILE>:<LINE>:<START-COLUMN>:<END-COLUMN>

where <PATH-TO-SOURCE-FILE> is the absolute path to the lilypond source
file, and <START-COLUMN> and <END-COLUMN> are the starting and ending
positions of the text defining the note in question.

-David