Re: point-and-click default

From: Tom Sgouros
Subject: Re: point-and-click default
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 10:30:47 -0500

For those of us just catching up, can someone explain how to see the metadata? I guess this is more of a PDF question, but while I have some experts' attention...

Thank you,

 -Tom

On Thu, Dec 30, 2021 at 10:25 AM Knute Snortum <ksnortum@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 7:13 PM David Zelinsky <dzpost@dedekind.net> wrote:
[...]
> But even if it is configured to work, it seems like a REALLY BAD IDEA to
> have this feature enabled *by default*.  Or, if it is to be the default,
> it ought to be mentioned VERY PROMINENTLY, so anyone installing and
> using Lilypond will see it.  As far as I could tell, it is not even
> mentioned in the Learning Manual.
>
> The reference manual does admonish users to disable the feature when
> producing pdf output for public distribution.  But that warning is
> totally useless if a user does not happen to read that (rather obsure)
> section of the manual.

My vote would be to leave the point-and-click as the default and put a
mention of how to publish a PDF in the Learning Manual, with any
necessary warnings.  In Frescobaldi, I use this feature all the time
and there is an easy way to publish PDFs without point-and-click.  I
didn't know about the absolute path names in the metadata, but that
makes sense.  Thanks for pointing that out.

--
Knute Snortum