minimum measure size?

From: Tom Sgouros
Subject: minimum measure size?
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 18:18:24 -0500

Hello all:

How can I set a minimum measure size? I want to make some scratch engravings of piano music with lots of room in blank upper or lower staves so I can pencil in my choices as I work them out. But some of the measures have only a couple of notes recorded, so they shrink too small to write anything else in.

I was reviewing the settable parameters, but I think maybe I don't understand enough of lilypond's native jargon yet to know what to look for. I found setting for counting measures and grouping measures, but what about measuring measures? What tree should I be barking up here?

Thank you,

 -Tom