possible bug?

From: E Appeldoorn
Subject: possible bug?
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2021 17:59:25 +0000

HI all and merry christmas

A couple of weeks ago I had a question about a spacing problem I have in a score. After many trials that did not solve anything I'm coming to the conclusion that there might be a bug with the \appoggiatura and the \acciaccatura. I did try the options you then gave me. (context \score \override SpacingSpanner.strict-note-spacing = ##t and also  \override Score.SpacingSpanner.strict-grace-spacing = ##t) that both make matters worse further along in the score. All problems disappear when I delete the \appoggiatura with its notes.

I have created a complete bare minimum of a trial, one bar, two voices. One voice has the \appoggiatura at which point the other voice doesn't justify the notes that go beneath the \appoggiatura. So if you have any more suggestions I would welcome them. If not I will classify this behaviour as a bug.

vriendelijke groet, Erik Appeldoorn

==========

This example score results in the image I attached.

\version "2.22.1"

\header {
  tagline = ##f
}

\paper {
  #(set-paper-size "a4")
}

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \remove "Bar_number_engraver"

global = {
  \key c \major
  \time 4/4
}

scoreAViolinI = \relative c'' {
  \global
  g8[ b16 as] g8[ b] a16[ g b a] g8[ \appoggiatura {g32 a} b8]|

}

scoreAViolinII = \relative c'' {
  \global
  g8[ b16 as] g8[ b] a16[ g b a] e16[ d f e]

}

scoreAViolinIPart = \new Staff  \scoreAViolinI

scoreAViolinIIPart = \new Staff  \scoreAViolinII

\score {
  <<
    \scoreAViolinIPart
    \scoreAViolinIIPart