Storing information in scores

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Storing information in scores
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 13:45:53 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I've created this small mockup of how we can store additional information in scores and let Lilypond manage it. The idea is: One might have different versions of a part of a score, be it different sources or different edits within a source.

So instead of selecting some version (and maybe putting the other ones into a critical apparatus) we can have Lilypond store this additional information and then do the selecting programmatically.

As I said this is a mockup and is missing many important features, like detailed overrides, nested edits and such.

Cheers,
Valentin