Re: String at the bottom of a cover page without using \markup

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Re: String at the bottom of a cover page without using \markup
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 06:42:41 +0100

Hello Valentin

On Friday, December 17, 2021, Valentin Petzel <valentin@petzel.at> wrote:
Hello Paolo,
That is to be expected, as the copyright field is simply used in the default
footer markup (as I’ve hinted before). Still, is there any reason not to use
the footer markup for that one?

Because this would be a hack. I don't like to put hacks in my code, and I use them only if I really don't have alternatives. Hacks break readibility of the code and cause problems when the code has to be reused in the future. That said, I'm noting that there are limitations in LP regarding the format of the introductory pages of the score. This is normal, because LP is a program for writing scores, not books. Therefore, I think that the best way to obtain what I need is to edit these pages with another program and then append them to the generated PDF of the score through a script.

Best,