Re: Advice for vocal score

From: Shane Brandes
Subject: Re: Advice for vocal score
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 16:18:32 -0500

Well, after monkeying around with things I came up with splitting the music data files with includes. So something like \include "sectiona.ly" \include "sectionb.ly" for a single part. etc. So a single part would be multiple includes and then the includes could be included where needed in the vocal score. However, it turned out that while this was doable in certain cases it wasn't in, all for the reason that I needed to put voices into other lines and merge them in sometimes funky ways that were not receptive to such a method. So the upshot was I abandoned the idea, but it might have worked well for something simpler than what I happened to be doing. Anyway, I do not expect to have to make too many further edits to either the full or vocal score so there shouldn't be too much double maintenance in any event.

regards and thanks again for the help,
Shane

On Sun, Nov 28, 2021 at 5:30 PM Kieren MacMillan <kieren@kierenmacmillan.info> wrote:
Hi Shane,

> I think Wol has mentioned the exact tool, Tags,  required for what I am trying to accomplish. Those are not something I have ever used or even run across.  Hopefully I can manage them without further assistance.  Thank you all!

I will be interested to see how you use the \tag system to accomplish this without duplicating the information (which I thought was what you wanted to avoid). Please do share your final solution with the list when you get it working, so we can learn from it.

Cheers,
Kieren