Re: ChordNames Vertical Spacing

From: Gregory Hollands
Subject: Re: ChordNames Vertical Spacing
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 16:04:08 -0500

Lukas,

I want to do this just for one score on the page, but leave all other scores the same.
FYI I'm doing this in a lead sheet format where I have the chord progression (and sometimes a guitar strumming pattern) in one score, then melody and solos in other scores.

How do I adjust system-system-spacing for just one score in the document?

Thanks,
-Greg

On Tue, Dec 7, 2021 at 3:29 PM Lukas-Fabian Moser <lfm@gmx.de> wrote:
Hi Greg,

> How do I reduce the vertical spacing between two rows of chord names?

For LilyPond, these are just systems of music (just happening to contain
only chords). So, the \paper variable system-system-spacing is what we need.

To kill of any distance, use

\paper {
   system-system-spacing =
   #'((basic-distance . 0)
      (minimum-distance . 0)
      (padding . 0)
      (stretchability . 0))
}

Probably you'll want to replace some of those zeroes by positive values :-).

Lukas