Re: Persian accidentals (koron and sori)

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Persian accidentals (koron and sori)
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 16:30:36 +0000 (UTC)

> One comment: When looking at Fig. 11 in your PDF, two suggestions
> came to my mind.  The handwritten accidentials show some less sharp
> edges because the ink is flowing in the inner angles of the glyph.
> As you already take the liberty to match the style of classical
> accidentials, how about avoiding some sharp inner angles by
>
> 1. filling the tiny white triangle in the sharp-like glyph (I am less
>    convinced)

I won't do that – I trust that it happens automatically :-)

> 2. making the right inner angle round (looks good to me)

Mhmm, I don't like this, especially if the koron is positioned between
staff lines.  Additionally, Emmentaler doesn't use rounded corners in
the inside of glyphs in general.

However, I'm going to redesign this glyph soon to make it blend even
better with Emmentaler.

> I have two images attached where the additinal ink is painted in red
> and in black.

Thanks.  By the way, here is a link that shows the two new glyphs at
all available Emmentaler sizes:

https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/uploads/b40d4d586ddb994f91be7c650d808833/iranian.pdf

    Werner