Weird interference between OLL, input mode, note name language

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Weird interference between OLL, input mode, note name language
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 17:15:57 +0100

Hi everyone,

I have had a very weird error pop up, which doesn’t appear to be related to a specific LilyPond version, nor was it triggered by any recent update to OLL (though I’m using chordmode very rarely):

In the following snippet,after loading the core package loader from openLilyLib,Lily won’t recognise the changed note name language inside any explicit input mode.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.23.5"

\language "deutsch"

\include "oll-core/package.ily"
<<
  \chordmode {
    h b % h isn’t understood
  }
  \notemode {
    h b % h isn’t understood
  }
  {
    h b % h is understood
  }

I attach the package.ily file from openLilyLib—I can’t see anything in there which might cause this odd behaviour…

Best, Simon