Re: (Re-post) Printing page numbers from a given page

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: (Re-post) Printing page numbers from a given page
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2021 14:02:34 +0100

Hello Paolo,

Yes, I’m using that when I add uncounted pages to the front (using negative
page numbers).

If you look into the definition of the paper variables oddHeaderMarkup and
evenHeaderMarkup (as definined in titling-init).

There is a line
\if \should-print-page-number \fromproperty #page:page-number-string

(or something different in earlier versions).

You can then easily define your own functions, like
#(define (print-positive-page-number layout props arg)
 (if (> (chain-assoc-get 'page:page-number props -1) 1)
    (create-page-number-stencil layout props arg)
    empty-stencil))

Cheers,
Valentin