Re: CPU stress tests for LilyPond

From: Jacques Menu
Subject: Re: CPU stress tests for LilyPond
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 16:36:51 +0100

Hello,

Here is what I get for this 102 page score:

jacquesmenu@macmini > time lilypond MSDM.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.22.1
;;; note: auto-compilation is enabled, set GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0
;;;       or pass the --no-auto-compile argument to disable.
… … … …
real 0m39.590s
user 0m37.119s
sys 0m2.285s

jacquesmenu@macmini > ls -sal MSDM.*
   8 -rw-------@ 1 jacquesmenu  staff    2695 Nov 17  2016 MSDM.ly
  88 -rw-r--r--  1 jacquesmenu  staff   42641 Nov 30 16:32 MSDM.mid
1888 -rw-r--r--  1 jacquesmenu  staff  963019 Nov 30 16:32 MSDM.pdf

The machine is a Mac Mini M1, 8GB RAM, 256 GB disk.

JM