Re: Ottava printing at beginning of system

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: Ottava printing at beginning of system
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 00:36:50 +0100

Hello Harm,

You’re right, I forgot a (begin ...) block. Seems like recalculating the
stencil is not nescessary ...

Then (member grob (cdr siblings)) is hardly shorter than
(not (eq? grob (car siblings))), but requires to check against each entry in
probably want memq for this one).
Thing is: We DO know that grob is a member of siblings!

About grob-original I suppose that you’re right. But if we are at that point
you can omit (pair? siblings), as siblings will nescessarily be a non empty
list. So I suppose the compact version should be

#(define (my-callback grob)
  (let* ((orig (ly:grob-original grob))
         (siblings (ly:spanner-broken-into orig)))
    (if (not (eq? grob (car siblings)))
        (ly:grob-set-property! grob 'text #f))))

Cheers,
Valentin