Re: „Anonymous” properties, deafening engravers and font features

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: „Anonymous” properties, deafening engravers and font features
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 15:12:45 +0100

Valentin Petzel <valentin@petzel.at> writes:

> Hello Jean, Hello Lukas,
>
> I’ve just remembered why I was asking for stoppable engravers: A while ago
> there was a question about ties between different voices. Then someone (I
> think it was you Lukas?) suggested moving the Engraver from the Voice context
> to the Staff context. So then I thought that in such situations it would be
> very useful to shortly deactivate the engraver for Voice and activate it of
> Staff.
>
> I have extended \with-font-feature to also take lists of features and to
> handle non string input (like a list of symbols). Also I have added a method
> to remove features by prepending them by -, so -smcp removes a previous smcp
> (which is not an uncommon way of handling this).
>
> What do you think about this?

There is the more cumbersome way of inserting another context layer
between Staff and Voice in the context hierarchy and have that carry the
Slur_engraver .  You can then change Voices temporarily into the same
in-between context.  Of course that is cumbersome, and when you also
have similar requirements for occasionally attaching different voices to
the same Stem or Beam or whatnot, this scheme does not scale.

But it might work for some situations.

--
David Kastrup