Re: ties with accidental split over lines

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: ties with accidental split over lines
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 07:46:25 -0800

I think it is the slur that is lower, not the accidental that is
higher, and I think its placement is correct according to "convention"
(or Gould), but if you want to change the shape of a slur broken over
two systems, you can use the \shape command:

\version "2.22.1"
\include "english.ly"

slurShapeA = \shape #'(
                        ((0 . 0) (0 . 0) (0 . 0) (0 . 0))  % leave the
first broken slur alone
                        ((0 . 1) (0 . 1) (0 . 1) (0 . 1))  % Change
the height without changing the shape
                      ) Slur

\layout {
  line-width = #50
  indent = #0
}

\relative c'
{
  \clef "bass"
  \time 3/4
  s4 s e ~ | %1
  \break
  e^\markup{"tie"} r e( | %2
  \break
  e^\markup{"slur"}) r ef ~ | %3
  \break
  ef^\markup{"tie"} r \slurShapeA ef( | % 4
  \break
  ef^\markup{"slur"}) % 5

Knute Snortum