Re: Controlling midi volumen of a long note

From: ebenezer
Subject: Re: Controlling midi volumen of a long note
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 21:57:28 +0000

Hi Pablo,

This covers what you can do with MIDI in terms of dynamics:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/notation/controlling-midi-dynamics

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/notation/supported-notation-for-midi

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/notation/unsupported-notation-for-midi (NB, Crescendi and decrescendi over a single note)

Note that if you want to have finer control over the MIDI, you'll likely want to import the MIDI into another program, such as a DAW (I do this for glissandi).

Also note that Lilypond is primarily for engraving, the MIDI is a nice to have extra feature.

Hope that helps set your expectations.