Re: 2.23.4 text above fermata

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: 2.23.4 text above fermata
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 18:29:26 +0100

Hello Paul,

While Script has the outside-staff-interface, it does not actually set a value
for outside-staff-priority. Thus no matter what priority you give to your
TextScript, the TextScript will always be placed closer. (Note that scripts do
not always behave like outside-staff objects).

To achieve what you want means you’ll need to assign an outside-staff-priority
to the fermata, for example by doing
r8-\tweak outside-staff-priority #400 -\fermata
(TextScript has a priority of 450).

But it seems to me that you intend to have a text specify a long fermata. In
this case you might want to embody the text into the stencil of the fermata
instead of trying to somehow balance a TextScript above the fermata.

See the appended file for details,
Cheers,
Valentin