Get value of Scheme function to display as a markup in Lilypond

From: Dimitris Marinakis
Subject: Get value of Scheme function to display as a markup in Lilypond
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 00:56:51 +0200

Finally got to learn a bit of Scheme. I've made decent progress within the Scheme sandbox. Now I'm trying to integrate a few things within Lilypond.

Let's say I have this function:
#(define (dostuff x) (+ x 5))

What would be the equivalent of #(display (dostuff 2)) but inside a Lilypond markup?
So that if my Lilypond music code looks like that, I'll get the correct value from that function.
{
c^\markuptitle (placeholder) #2
}

I don't want the x argument to be displayed in the markup but rather the result of the function.

It's OK if this has to be broken into multiple steps.