Check if a font is currently installed

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Check if a font is currently installed
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 17:29:37 +0100

Hello,

it would be useful to have a functions that checks if a font with a specific font-name is currently installed, so to have the produced score without visual errors that are not always easy to detect.
I searched a bit in the list of the scheme helper functions, and could find only:

ly:font-config-get-font-file font-name

However, in case the file is not found, it defaults to some font that (I suppose) is OS dependent, then I don't know  how to check if the searched font is really installed. Any idea about this?

Thanks very much!