Re: Terminology question

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Terminology question
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 19:10:26 +0000 (GMT)

Commercial programs like Finale and Sibelius refer to “extracting” parts.  That
doesn’t really apply to LilyPond.  With LilyPond, scores are built from the
input.  A score may contain a single part or a complete orchestral score.
Parts are not extracted from anything in LilyPond. I would simply say “create
parts.”

-David