Re: Tweaking glissando timing stems

From: Leo Correia de Verdier
Subject: Re: Tweaking glissando timing stems
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 13:44:40 +0100

Dear Harm and list!

The chords were not that hard to implement. What I did was:

1) Removing the overrides for NoteHead.transparency and NoteHead.Y-offset from
glissandoStemsOn and glissandoStemsOff. Transparency is set for individual
noteheads and used to determine wether a notehead should be printed as usual or
”glissed through”.

2) Adding transparency to the conditions for moving a notehead to the glissando
line.
        (ly:grob-property (car nhd-staff-pos) 'transparent #f)

3) resetting the noteheads Y-position only after testing that the notehead in
question should be moved at all, as in the earlier code you’d written (it vas
still in the document, just commented out and replaced by just the variable val)
        (+ (/ (cdr nhd-staff-pos) -2) val)

This has not been seriously stresstested, though. It’s still on a "seems to
work” level. A more beautiful solution would probably be to use a dedicated
property instead of piggybacking it on transparency and assuming them identical.

Another thing I found is that TextScript placements are reset as in the example
provided. Can you see any solution for this?

Thanks a lot!
/Leo