guitar glissando - two separate notes sliding into a chord

From: Steven A. Falco
Subject: guitar glissando - two separate notes sliding into a chord
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 14:08:00 -0400

Hi all - I have been using LilyPond for a little while, and I've come across
something I don't know how to code.

This is part of a guitar solo (key of E major), where two notes are played
individually, then both are slid up two frets into a chord.  So it is a bit
like a two-note arpeggio sliding into a chord.

The best representation I've been able to come up with is pretty horrible to
read:

<< { \stemUp fs'8\3-2 \glissando \override Fingering.staff-padding = #2.9
\single \hide Flag gs'8\3-2 \stemNeutral } \\
      { \stemUp s16 \override Fingering.staff-padding = #2.5 d''16\1^1 \glissando
\override Fingering.staff-padding = #4.5 e''8\1^1 \stemNeutral } >>

I've attached a screen shot showing what the above code looks like on paper.

It is almost perfect, except that I've had to put a hidden rest in front of the
D-natural, which means that I had to shorten the D-natural to a sixteenth note.
 I'd rather have an eighth note but then the D-natural lines up with the F#,
which is not correct.

Also, the syntax needed to achieve this is horribly verbose, since I have to
fiddle with stem directions, suppressing a flag, moving the fingering number
locations, etc.

Does anyone have a better way to code this?

        Thanks,
        Steve