Re: typesetting Christian Wolff Excersize

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: typesetting Christian Wolff Excersize
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 09:48:57 +0100

Hi Valentin,

Getting the parentheses is quite a simple modification (just use parenthesize-
stencil on the arrowhead stencil.
You're right. Sorry that I didn't bother to look that up yesterday, thanks for stepping in.
  But I think that using straight arrow lines
is more readable than the slightly concave arrow head markup.

IIUC, \markup \postscript is a bit of a dangerous horse to put our money on, what with the possible move to Cairo as a default backend for LilyPond. It might be better to use \path or just - as we are constructing a stencil manually anyway and are using only very basic shapes - call make-line-stencil manually.

Lukas