Re: clef change problem with grace notes

From: Molly Preston
Subject: Re: clef change problem with grace notes
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 09:59:38 -0400

I thought so. I had tried that before but i think i tried /grace s8 s and now i see i didn't use curly brackets which is why it didn't work...doh!

So that was an unnecessary email!

Thank you for your help!

-Molly

On Sat, Oct 30, 2021, 09:49 Lukas-Fabian Moser <lfm@gmx.de> wrote:

Am 30.10.21 um 15:44 schrieb Molly Preston:
> When changing clefs in the left hand the treble clef is placed on the
> right side of the bar line. It seems to be related to the grace notes
> happening in the right hand. Does anyone have a fix for this?

That's LilyPond's most famous bug, a bit annoying but fortunately easy
to avoid.

Just make sure that the graces in one staff have corresponding graces of
the same length in the other staves (not in general, but in those cases
that cause objects at bar lines to be placed wrongly as in your example).

So in your case, just add \grace s4 at the start of the bar in your left
hand staff.

Lukas