RE: Changing fingers while holding key down

From: Mark Stephen Mrotek
Subject: RE: Changing fingers while holding key down
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 10:32:30 -0700

Knute,

\finger \markup \overtie #"52"

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: lilypond-user [mailto:lilypond-user-bounces+carsonmark=ca.rr.com@gnu.org]
On Behalf Of Knute Snortum
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2021 9:00 AM
To: lilypond-user@gnu.org
Subject: Changing fingers while holding key down

Hi everyone,

In piano music, there's a technique for holding down a key with one finger,
then switching to another.  I know how this looks in music notation (see
attached) but I don't know how to engrave it with LilyPond.  I've searched the
docs, the LSR, and the internet for the answer, but I don't know any technical
term for this (is there one?) so the results were less than helpful.

How is this done in LilyPond?  I'm assuming one uses markup with \finger, but I
can't find a way to make the "slur" on top of the numbers.  (I've seen this
notated with the slur under the numbers
too.)

--
Knute Snortum