Re: Getting \tempo params

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Re: Getting \tempo params
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 13:39:56 +0200

On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 1:22 PM David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:
Paolo Prete <paolopr976@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> after a \tempo X = Y is set, is there a way (a scheme function or
> variable?) to get X and Y?

What does "after" mean and "is set"?  At a later point in the source
text, at a later time in musical execution?

yes

With regard to the latter (which you could access in callbacks or
\applyContext) \tempo sets the context variable tempoWholesPerMinute in
the Score context.  How this relates to X and Y depends on the unit of
the beat.  A reasonable guess is it is measured in baseMoment beats,
possibly multipled by the gcd of the values in beatStructure (if any).
At least that's what Time_signature_performer tries to state.

unfortunately this doesn't sound trivial to achieve, and I presume that tempoWholesPerMinute is not in the API.
Then I wonder if it's preferable to override the \tempo function by setting two custom vars

thanks,

David Kastrup