Re: Export from LilyPond to MusicXML (Thomas Morley)

From: Peter Toye
Subject: Re: Export from LilyPond to MusicXML (Thomas Morley)
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 10:30:04 +0100

The potential need has gone away now - my Sibelius user has told me that he uses ScoreMuse to export the PDF into a suitable format for Sibelius. Looks to me like an expensive way of doing it, but if he can afford Sibelius he can probably afford ScoreMuse as well.

I agree that exchanging music information between different engravers is an extremely complex problem and I don't underestimate the difficulty.

I tried Jan-Peter's code on Github, but it seems to be broken on recent versions of LilyPond. I'm told it works on 19.0  but I don't have that version any more. And I don't have a contact for him to ask - is he on this mailing list?

Best regards,

Peter

mailto:lilypond@ptoye.com

www.ptoye.com