Re: How to change clef and relative note

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: How to change clef and relative note
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 16:55:11 +0200

Hi Dmitry,

The difficulty is the I switch from bass to violin clef in the right
hand. Is it possible to change the relative note, so I won't need to
add 2 quotes after each note like I did for g:  g''2?

I'm not sure I understand your question correctly:

The whole point of \relative mode is that you only have to use the two quotes once. The next notes you enter without quote/comma will automatically be "close" to your treble clef g.

  \clef violin
  g''2.
  fis2 g4
  a4 d, fis
  g2.

in your score generates:

(BTW, you seem to be using LilyPond 2.18.2 - that's quite old by now, I'd recommend to upgrade to a recent version, as these offer lots of new functions and even simplifications.)

Lukas