Re: Adjusting colors and such... A snapshot of the work so far.

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Adjusting colors and such... A snapshot of the work so far.
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 19:43:48 +0200

Hi Jean,

Am Di., 18. Mai 2021 um 23:44 Uhr schrieb Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr>:

> Le 18/05/2021 à 23:08, darkijah@jesusgod-pope666.info a écrit :
> > I guess I did not really do much today, although did a lot of toying
> > around - but it is not going to quick with the changes now.
> > But...
> > Here it is in png if anyone wanna have a look. Still much to do.
> >
> > My lyrics I think need to be somewhat smaller, my Custos need to be
> > pushed to the left like the 16 century music sheets, and added custos
> > lyrics added underneath all of them, which I need to figure out.
> > Lyrics 1 2 3 4 on all 4 levels need to be added, also something I need
> > to figure out how to do. The hack with getting the nodes nicely
> > spaced, is kinda not the right way to do things, and need to figure
> > out another solution that fits the bill correctly, although it works
> > for now. But I am afraid that if one plays it at midi sound some nodes
> > would not be the correct duration because of this hack. But I have not
> > figure midi out yet, so no worries on that for now.
> >
> > I was thinking more rainbow colors, but I am not sure... I think it
> > might be to much, but anyone willing to make a script that can do 7
> > colors for text letters over and over again? :D Just for the Header or
> > something... Might be to much overall, but I thought it might be a
> > cool script to have at hand. I could do something manual I guess and
> > have a see how it looks, but it would be nice to have something you
> > can just turn on and off.
>
> You mean something like this?
>
> \version "2.23.3"
>
> #(use-modules (srfi srfi-1))

srfi-1 is included per default, no need to do it again

> #(define (color-list? x)
>     (and (list? x)
>          (every color? x)))
>
> #(define-markup-command (alternate-colors layout props colors text)
>                          (color-list? string?)
>     (let* ((chars (string->list text))
>            (atomic-strings (map string chars)))
>       (interpret-markup layout props
>         (make-concat-markup
>           (map make-with-color-markup
>                (apply circular-list colors)
>                atomic-strings)))))
>
> \markup \alternate-colors #'("red" "blue" "green") "abcdefg"

Above will fail as soon as accented letters etc are used:
\markup \alternate-colors #'("red" "blue" "green") "trööt"
->
(process:6915): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to
pango_layout_set_text()

warning: no glyph for character U+FFFD in font
`/home/hermann/.local/share/fonts/C059-Roman.otf'

This is due to guile-1 limitations.
Some where there is some code around it, but I hate caring about this
special problem.
With Jonas' experimental guile-2-build it works shamelessly.
My strongest argument to switch to guile-2 for good.

> > I guess I have to be care full overall with my ideas, can't just put
> > all of them into it - well maybe I can :P This app is amazing, and it
> > is fun at the same time.
>
> Glad to hear it.
>
> I'll try to answer the other questions when I have more time -- unless
> someone beats me to it.
>
> Best,
> Jean

Cheers,