Re: tags

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: Re: tags
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 11:27:00 +0200

Ciao David,

[....]
At any rate, \pushToTag's documentation states:

       Sometimes you want to splice some music at a particular place in an
    existing music _expression_.  You can use ‘\pushToTag’ and ‘\appendToTag’
    for adding material at the front or end of the ‘elements’ of an existing
    music construct.  Not every music construct has ‘elements’, but
    sequential and simultaneous music are safe bets:

But you are not pushing to sequential or simultaneous music but rather
to the second a , a single note.  This needs to be a sequential music
_expression_.

 Ahhhhh!!!! I made another mistake when I "distilled" the code before posting it!!

I know very well the part of the documentation you quoted.
So this is was I wanted to write:

music = {a a \tag#'here {} a}

Is that right? Can \tag act on {} instead of {a} or <a> ?

Regarding the first part of your msg.:

How is { ~ } correct?  ~ is not standalone music.

Ok. I didn't understand that \pushToTag wanted a music _expression_.
Thanks,
g.