Re: Reduce space after note before barline

From: Dimitris Marinakis
Subject: Re: Reduce space after note before barline
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 23:26:50 +0200

I may have messed up some space-alist resulting in uneven first-note/next-note spacing that threw me off. Perhaps in context things need to have a lot of space since there are only 6 bars of music per page. I will try to reference Gould more carefully and see if I have the expected results. Most likely I did something wrong here.
Dimitris

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 1:41 AM David Nalesnik <david.nalesnik@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Dimitris,

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 12:58 PM Dimitris Marinakis
<dtsmarin02@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm having trouble adjusting the space before the barlines. Sometimes Lilypond doesn't adjust it correctly and I have to do manual tweaks which is fine. But in this case I cannot find a way to remove extra space from the last note of a measure before the barline.

You might try something like

\override Score.BarLine.extra-spacing-width = #'(1 . 0)

(Play around with the numbers - I can't check this because you haven't
attached your code.)

HTH,
David