Puzzled about downloadable Linux files in lilypond.org

From: John Karl
Subject: Puzzled about downloadable Linux files in lilypond.org
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 11:52:19 -0600

When I browse to the page on LIlypond.org headed "Downloads for LilyPond 2.22.0  and then click on the “For Users” entry titled “Unix (generic packages for GNU/Linux), I see a list of two files under “Download”, which purport to be 32bit and 64bit versions of LilyPond2.22.0-1.  But when I click on one of these files, it is not downloaded but instead seems to appear in my browser window; the first few lines that appear are:

#! /bin/sh

me="$0"
root="$HOME"
doc=no
extract=no
interactive=yes
arch=$(uname -m)

if test `id -u` = "0"; then
    root=/usr/local
fi

while test -n "$1";
do
    case "$1" in
	--help)
	    cat <<EOF
$me - install LilyPond tarball
  --batch             no interaction
  --doc               [attempt to] download and install documentation
  --prefix PREFIX     install into PREFIX/lilypond (default: ${root})
  --help              this help
  --tarball           extract tar file for archive
EOF
It seems to me that this probably isn’t the desired behavior.  Can it be fixed?

BTW, I’m browsing to lily pond.org on my MacBook Pro.

Also, I tried to submit this entry yesterday from my Mac Pro (pckarl@mac.com), but it never showed up in the email summaries, nor in the lilypond-user archives.  Anybody know why?

Thanks.