ot: though lilypond/music related quiz

From: David Pirotte
Subject: ot: though lilypond/music related quiz
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 21:21:52 -0300

Hello,

Is anyone aware of a free s/w library (and its dependencies if any),
GNU/Linux (no Mac/Win), that would have or could be used to create a
(graphical) 'widget' with the following functionality:

-]      to display a score (at least one staff)
-]      let the user define the tempo and timbre(s)
-]      let the user play/pause/resume/stop with a visual feedback
                with (at least) a vertical cursor
                possibly redrawing (color changing) the note(s) or
                silence(s) being played

Attached is a screenshot fo a similar 'thing', which I was told was
written using 'bach' - https://www.bachproject.net/ - which runs on
mac/win only and depends on max - where you can see the vertical
cursor and the redrawing (color change) as playing the note ...

        [ I searched but couldn't find anything - though admittedly not
        [ very good at searching the web ...

The idea, if (ever) possible, would be to embed and 'control' the
widget from a small but 'modern' Gtk/Gsk[4.0] app using guile,
lilypond, midi ...

Thanks,
David