Re: Accidental placement with simultaneous music

From: Brian Barker
Subject: Re: Accidental placement with simultaneous music
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 16:38:47 +0000

At 09:11 21/02/2021 -0600, John Schlomann wrote:
I'm probably missing a simple fix for this. In the following example the natural sign on the f4 in the first voice is placed to the left of the a4 in the second voice. I can't seem to find a way to fix this. Or is this considered acceptable?

Elaine Gould suggests this *is* correct:
"_Accidentals in double-stemmed writing_
Place accidentals before both parts, except for altered unisons..."
(Behind Bars, p. 90)

Brian Barker