Puzzled about installation of version 2.22

From: Peter Toye
Subject: Puzzled about installation of version 2.22
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2021 16:42:58 +0000

I'm trying to get up to date with Lilypond, not having used it for several months, so downloaded version 22.0.

My OS is Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

When I clicked on the .exe file, I was told that there was an existing installation (fair enough, I've got 3 versions already on my machine) and I'd have to uninstall it. I don't remember this happening before - is this a new feature?  I don't want to uninstall older versions of LP as I might need them again.

All the best,

Peter
mailto:lilypond@ptoye.com
www.ptoye.com