Re: OTF text font family with optical sizes : unable to access regular f

From: Daniel Tobias Johansen Langhoff
Subject: Re: OTF text font family with optical sizes : unable to access regular font
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 01:22:42 +0100

Notice that Garamond Premier has these parallel names, "Garamond Premr
Pro" and "Garamond Premier Pro". The shorter name gives me the correct
font, the longer gives me the caption font.

$ sed 's/Arno Pro/Garamond Premr Pro/' minimal.ly | lilypond -o
minimal - 2>/dev/null && pdffonts minimal.pdf
name                                 type              encoding
 emb sub uni object ID
------------------------------------ -----------------
---------------- --- --- --- ---------
LDXEJC+GaramondPremrPro              Type 1C           Custom
 yes yes no       8  0
YDNHST+GaramondPremrPro-It           Type 1C           WinAnsi
 yes yes no      11  0

$ sed 's/Arno Pro/Garamond Premier Pro/' minimal.ly | lilypond -o
minimal - 2>/dev/null && pdffonts minimal.pdf
name                                 type              encoding
 emb sub uni object ID
OTHJHT+GaramondPremrPro-Capt         Type 1C           Custom
 yes yes no       8  0
YDNHST+GaramondPremrPro-It           Type 1C           WinAnsi
 yes yes no      11  0

Regards,
Daniel Tobias