Re: MIDI ties

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: MIDI ties
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 20:08:13 -0700

On 2020-10-21 8:00 pm, Andrew Bernard wrote:
And now I just found out something I never knew, as a result of my
query. Just putting a tie with no up/down indication, a sole ~ after
the chore <> construct puts the ties up and down musically correctly.
Well I'll be. I have caused myself much extra work for years by not
knowing this. And of course it produces the right MIDI output,
correctly tied.

Individually tied should also still be working. Do you have an example that shows the failing MIDI? Also, if it fails, is there any console output about possibly unterminated ties?

I am wondering if your usage is confusing the Tie_performer, and we need to get a bug filed to fix that.

-- Aaron Hill