Why myself building lilypond much slower than official release?

From: K.L.
Subject: Why myself building lilypond much slower than official release?
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 20:25:49 +0800

Greetings.

I tried building the lilypond source code from the master branch latest revision (18 Sep 2020) from this gitlab repository, and that's accomplished successfully.
But when I try to engrave a medium size ly file with myself built lilypond, it costs 35s, as compared, the official lilypond of 2.20.0 costs only about 11s.

I noticed the latest code depends guile 2.2 and the old version depends guile 1.8, can that cause the time cost difference?

I followed every step in here, and I got a huge lilypond binary file (104.3MB), is it a debug building? Did I miss something?

For my work, the runtime efficiency is critical. Thanks for any help.