Re: Request for East Asian emphasis points

From: Adam Griggs
Subject: Re: Request for East Asian emphasis points
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 16:06:32 +0900

Hi Werner, Andrew, Aaron,

Yes, my intended use case is indeed lyrics, editorial footers and informational taglines. In the case of the attached .png, I'm using it to indicate which kana get stressed and, by omission, which kana to glide over. Pardon my poor editorial judgement: this is a WIP.

Quickly checking just now indicates that emphasis points came into use in Japanese texts during the Meiji era.

Aaron's solution works for me, so I'm rolling with that. Thank you all for your replies.

I'm having some issues with tied lyrics when there is \markup involved—\undertie might prove helpful—but that's a topic for another thread.