Re: Scheme predicative types

From: Martín Rincón Botero
Subject: Re: Scheme predicative types
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 13:01:36 +0200

Dear Aaron,

thank you very much for your help! After using ly:duration->string for the tempo-unit, I'm still missing a way to have the new string tempo-unit string in "", so that I can display it as a \note in a \markup. How can I achieve that? Sorry for taking so much of your time!

Best regards,
Martín.

On 2020-09-17 3:18 am, Lukas-Fabian Moser wrote:
> I think what triggered my feeling uncomfortable was just the slight
> mismatch between the name of the predicate (tempo?) and the actual
> tests it contained. Maybe some verbose thing like
> music-with-tempo-definition? would make things clearer.

I likely erred too far on the side of brevity.

On review, I probably would ignore the custom type predicate altogether,
simply using ly:music? instead.  Then within the function body add in
the logic to extract the \tempo command and provide meaningful
diagnostic messages to help users with the function should the provided
music not be appropriate.

-- Aaron Hill

--
www.martinrinconbotero.com