Re: Vertical slurs

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: Vertical slurs
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 12:44:54 +0200

Hi Claire,

Am 17.09.20 um 12:35 schrieb Claire Meyer:
Hi David,

Sorry for replying so late, things happened this week and I got caught up. Thanks for your answer, it does help some. I'm still stuck, though :
image.png
Either it's a "normal looking" arpeggio across the voices, or it's a "parenthesis-looking" one, but I don't know how to have the separate voices.

\arpeggioParenthesis is a \override Arpeggio.xxx, which seems to work on Voice level. We need to move make it work at Staff level; for example, you might add at the beginning of your file:

\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
    \arpeggioParenthesis

This has the drawback of changing the arpeggio style globally for your file (enabling you to omit the occurrences in your music definitions). If that's not okay with you, maybe one of the gurus knows a way to apply \arpeggioParenthesis locally but let it work at staff level.

Lukas