Re: Box Notation

From: Rowan Belt
Subject: Re: Box Notation
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 11:28:02 -0400

Dear Mr. MacMillan,

To start with, thank you very much for your kind, helpful, and immediate reply. It has taken me a while to respond because I was initially daunted by the whole process of obtaining the package. I kept running into difficulties, probably due to my relative ineptitude with computers, so I ended up just downloading the package.ly file and the frame-engraver-test.ly file.

Unfortunately, however, the engraver does not seem to be working. The test file is compiling successfully, but I am getting the following warning messages:

warning: cannot find property type-check for `extender-length' (backend-type?).  perhaps a typing error?
warning: skipping assignment
warning: cannot find property type-check for `left-extra-padding' (backend-type?).  perhaps a typing error?
warning: skipping assignment
warning: cannot find property type-check for `right-extra-padding' (backend-type?).  perhaps a typing error?
warning: skipping assignment
warning: cannot find property type-check for `extender-length' (backend-type?).  perhaps a typing error?
warning: skipping assignment
warning: cannot find property type-check for `extender-length' (backend-type?).  perhaps a typing error?
warning: skipping assignment
warning: You didn't finish final extender.  Completing...

The first two extenders are not showing up, and I cannot figure out how to make the strange brackets on top of the boxes go away.

Any help, again, is greatly appreciated! I wish I knew more Scheme so I could try and fix the problem myself.

All the best,

Rowan

On Sun, Sep 6, 2020, 5:48 PM Kieren MacMillan <kieren_macmillan@sympatico.ca> wrote:
Hi Rowan,

> I am a new LilyPond user.

Welcome!

> What I need is an unfilled box that will surround some portion of music, and also a horizontal line extending from the right side of the box.

<https://github.com/lyp-packages/frame-engraver>

Hope that helps!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)