Re: Dynamics context

From: Martín Rincón Botero
Subject: Re: Dynamics context
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 19:57:32 +0200

Dear Xavier,

thank you very much again. This works as expected! I also find this solution more powerful than the one suggested in the Snippet Repository http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=450. This last command however, preceded with \once, is the one I normally use when manually positioning a dynamic. This command doesn't work anymore if dynamics are sent to the dynamics context. This is something I can live with, since the Dynamics context already provides the result I want for the majority of cases, but I wonder if it's possible to use a similar override/tweak for the one case where a dynamic is not placed to my taste.

Best regards,
Martín.

Am Di., 8. Sept. 2020 um 11:58 Uhr schrieb Xavier Scheuer <x.scheuer@gmail.com>:
On Tue, 8 Sep 2020 at 11:18, Martín Rincón Botero <martinrinconbotero@gmail.com> wrote:

> For I which I get the attached result. Weirdly, with this minimal example I'm also getting a bunch of "script direction not yet known". I don't think that was happening before. Anyways, the visual result is the same I was getting with the full code, with duplicated articulations and text.

Hello Martin,

Remove "Script_engraver" and "Text_engraver" from the Dynamics context.
You might also want to remove "Text_spanner_engraver" if you have TextSpanners in your music.

 \layout {
    \context {
      \Dynamics
      \override VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing.basic-distance = #0
      \remove "Script_engraver"
      \remove "Text_engraver"
      % \remove "Text_spanner_engraver"

The list of engravers the Dynamics is built from is documented in the Internals Reference manual.
IR 2.1.7 Dynamics
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/internals/dynamics

Cheers,
Xavier