Fwd: peculiar behaviour with clefs when using acciaccatura on first note

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Fwd: peculiar behaviour with clefs when using acciaccatura on first note in a piece.
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 08:51:32 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Ralph Palmer <palmer.r.violin@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 8:51 AM
To: Maurits Lamers <maurits@weidestraat.nl>

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 8:30 AM Maurits Lamers <maurits@weidestraat.nl> wrote:
Hey all,

I noticed some unexpected behavior when using an acciaciatura on the first note of a piece:

This will cause the second staff to start with a treble clef and immediately after a bass clef.
Is this intended?

This is a known issue. an acciacatura is a grace note. As David Kastrup replied in a previous query:

Issue 34 in our issue tracker.  Put a matching grace in the other Staff
to let both start at the same point of time.  Something like \grace { s8
} is perfectly fine to match a \grace { c8 } (or whatever it was, I did
not actually look).  It's a "known issue" in the manual section covering
grace notes but frequently overlooked.

--
David Kastrup

All the best,