Re: \path in markup dashed line

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: \path in markup dashed line
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2020 13:20:20 -0700

On 2020-09-07 12:52 pm, Thomas Morley wrote:
Am Mo., 7. Sept. 2020 um 03:53 Uhr schrieb Andrew Bernard
<andrew.bernard@gmail.com>:

No response from anwhere?

First an apology from me, Andrew. I thought I had already replied to your post, but I can find no record of that. Perhaps I started looking into things and got side-tracked without following up.

On 16/08/2020 4:43 pm, Andrew Bernard wrote:
> Is there any way to get the \path command in a markup to draw dashed
> lines? I am aware I can use postscript of course.
>
> Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I see no other chance than redoing all from scratch.
Though, I'm not sure whether it would be successful. At least I've not
the time to try ...

Given a cursory glance, it would seem doable. One would need to copy/borrow the existing logic for \path and then add a suitable "setdash" command to the PostScript output and an equivalent "stroke-dasharray" attribute to the SVG output. Looking at how \draw-dashed-line works should provide a useful reference.

-- Aaron Hill