adding chordmode chord modifiers

From: Randy Josleyn
Subject: adding chordmode chord modifiers
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 00:30:28 +0800

Hi list,

Using my extremely limited general programming knowledge, I found in the scheme file chord-entry.scm that the chord modifiers m, maj, sus, and so on are defined. Is it possible to add to this list? I want to write "add9" chords like `c:add9`, which would be equivalent to writing `<c e g d'>` or `c:3.5.9` in chordmode (plus the chord exceptions snippet in the NM to add the "add"). However, the latter methods are too verbose for me.

My use case is for printing chord symbols above the staff in a lead sheet.

I checked the snippets repository for "chord modifier", "chord*", and "add9",  but I didn't see anything relevant.

Is there a way to create the "c:add9" syntax to get "Cadd9" to print as a chord symbol? Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,

Randy