Re: partcombine discards quarter rests, why?

From: Kenneth Wolcott
Subject: Re: partcombine discards quarter rests, why?
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2020 16:11:32 -0700

Hi Aaron;

  Your example, of course, only contains one measure, for partcombine.

  However, I have most of 32 bars of these, and of those that have
identical chord durations, I have used 's2.' in the lower voice and
placed all the chords in the upper voice.  Obviously, I can not have
chords containing notes of different duration without using two or
more voices, so I am using partcombine.  Do I need to do this '\once
\partcombineApart' action for every measure that has this pattern,
individually?  I've tried using \partcombineApart for merging the
entire pair of bass voices, and that fails.

Thanks,
Ken