Re: Pedal cautionary after a line break (current status and improvements

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Re: Pedal cautionary after a line break (current status and improvements)
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 17:10:30 +0200

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 4:33 PM Carl Sorensen <c_sorensen@byu.edu> wrote:

Type:Defect means that LilyPond intends to do something, but does it wrong.

Type:Enhancement means that the capability of LilyPond would expanded to cover things it currently doesn’t cover.

In this case, LilyPond does not intend to present pedal bracket cautionaries, so it’s not a defect.

This crearly shows, IMHO, that another Type::xxx  should be added, in general.
I would call it: Type::CommonPractice or something similar.

Which doesn't show a bug, nor a required enhancement, but highlights what Lilypond can't do for an implemented feature compared to the common practice of the engravers.

For example, a tuplet without the optional bracket support would fall in that case.

I'll list some of these cases in the next few days.