Re: Use an existing Voice in a polyphonic passage

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Use an existing Voice in a polyphonic passage
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 16:34:43 +0200

On Tue, 23 Jun 2020 at 15:59, <sir.teddy.the.first@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> is there a way to „continue“ with the voice „myVoice“ in the second polyphonic passage instead of creating a new one so that the lyrics „wordsI“ carry on and I don’t have to create an additional lyrics context?

Hello,

Use the \context command and keep the voices alive.
See NR 5.1.2 Creating and referencing contexts and NR 5.1.3 Keeping contexts alive
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/notation/creating-and-referencing-contexts.html
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/notation/keeping-contexts-alive.html

Cheers,
Xavier